Wednesday, December 9, 2009


This is my friend Shelby. She's a sweet older dog who loves going for walks, barking, and eating treats. Unfortunately, it's the last love that almost ended her life. Her human mom didn't know it, but the chicken strips Shelby gobbled were poisoning her. The vet thought her illness (including kidney failure) was caused by age and nothing more. Then her mom saw a notice on the vet's bulletin board about chicken strips manufactured in China responsible for symptoms just like Shelbys. When the treats were removed from Shelby's diet, her health improved and she's returned to her former self. I'm including a link about the strips involved. Since I understand some stores are still selling them, pet owners need to be informed not to buy them. I would recommend not buying ANY pet food made in China.

No comments: