Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Frankenstein Friday


Frankenstein's Monster

It's almost Halloween and guess what day it is? That's right, it's Frankenstein Friday! I never heard of Frankenstein Friday until I did a search on strange national holidays. So if you've never heard of it, that's fine with me. This particular strange holiday was created by Ron MacCloskey of Westfield, New Jersey. Westfield, as you may not know either, was also the home of Charles Addams, the creator of the "Addams Family." Westfield certainly is a creepy place.

The Addams Family

MacCloskey invented the holiday to celebrate the monster, and his famous author, Mary Wollenstonecraft Shelley. Mary wrote the novel in the year 1818 when she was only 21 years old. Her youthful age makes me feel a triffle slow and uninspired. Oh well! I WILL be creating some chocolate chip cookies soon if I can tear myself away from my computer. 


MacCloskey encourages enthusiasm for Frankenstein and his holiday by awarding "The Franky" to anyone making an outstanding contribution towards advancing the monster's specialness.


So what can you do to celebrate this unique day? You could watch a Frankenstein movie, or read Mary Wollenstonecraft Shelley's novel. You could even bake some cookies. Which reminds me, I need to get to the kitchen and start mixing, baking and otherwise creating a big mess before it's too late.

Cute little monsters!

These cookies are from the Martha Stewart website. I don't see any recipe, but I suppose they're just sugar cookies with green icing. 


Oh look! It's me in the morning!

No comments: